Calendar Changes Coming!
The number of ice and snow days has taken a toll on the amount of quality teaching time during second trimester. This has been felt particularly at the high school level, where students change classes at the end of trimester, and staff don’t have the flexibility to bump instruction later in the year.
In order to help use what time we have wisely, the following changes will take place to our calendar over the next few weeks for all APS schools:
- The February 21 Early Release will be CANCELLED. Instead, it will be a full day of instruction (normal schedule).
- The end of trimester will be moved back one week, from Thursday, February 28 to Thursday, March 7.
- Records Day will change as well. Friday, March 1 will be a normal school day, and the new Records Day will be Friday, March 8 (no school).
- Report cards for all levels will be issued the week of March 11.
- The new Trimester will begin on Monday, March 11.
NOTE: Elementary Parent-Teacher Conferences will NOT change. They will go on as originally scheduled on the evening of Thursday, February 28.
We understand that changing these dates may have an impact on family plans. Rest assured that we will understand and work to accommodate families who have scheduled appointments or vacations based on the old schedule. Also, since these changes do not make up for all the days we’ve missed, the last school day in June will have to change as well. However, the potential for bad weather still exists, so it’s not possible to give details on that now.
We will work hard to communicate this change to parents through social media, school newsletters and the SchoolMessenger calling system.