SchoolMessenger Usage Update
In order to respect the privacy of members of our community, we are making the following changes regarding our use of the SchoolMessenger system for automated phone, email and text communication:
- All phone communications will begin with the introductory message, "If you have received this message in error, please contact Alpena Public Schools at 989-358-5200 or press 5 now to request that your number be removed."
- We will process requests for removal on a daily basis each work day.
- Requests for removal can be made to any school building, to the main switchboard (989-358-5200), or by using the "press 5" function at the start of any call.
- Families can manage their own contact information by removing or adding information using Synergy ParentVUE, which is linked at www.alpenaschools.com (login here)
- Families can use the free SchoolMessenger Info Center app for iOS or Android to control their own contact preferences or review missed messages. There is also a web portal (linked here) where they can do the same. You must have an email address with your Synergy account to use the mobile app or web portal.
Our goal is to make it easier for people to opt out if they don't wish to receive communications from their child's school or if the phone number has changed hands. Please be aware that opting out will stop all automated calls to that number.